Dear Barbara, dear Felis,
Here follows our preliminary report on our experiences Marmaris, suggestions are welcome:
Lorenz is an 8 year old boy diagnosed with general retarded development with autistic tendencies.
From the age of two he has been receiving support on many levels and has made gradual progress in his metabolic, speech, mental and social development.
In September 2007 and September 2009 we were in the Dolphin Center in Marmaris each time for two weeks.
– The dolphin therapy sessions were always very well prepared, structured and attuned;
Both stays were successful as we gained unique, positive and exciting experiences, good tips and ideas on further possibilities in dealing with Lorenz.
Barbara and Daisy are the absolute Dream team !
– The classical therapies were a good addition although this time things didn’t work out so well with the transfer to the ranch as in 2007, the timing was disordered, and thence the structure and therapy session sometimes appeared spontaneous.
I have now discovered that the bus company has been changed.
– A Hippo therapy was cancelled due to bad weather, unfortunately it was not substituted with Cranio as time did not allow.
a. Cranio was difficult at first because of Lorenz’s speech barrier, as the sessions continued it became very helpful and was a very good supplement.
b. The Comfortable Atmosphere Factor:
– At the Ranch with Felis and Sali one always had the feeling that one is welcome,
Felis always takes time for a few personal and explanatory words.
The whole atmosphere there is very relaxed and good for the soul. Thank you!
– This is not quite so on the platform at the dolphin center where everything is very professional and rational – well, time is money!
There is only time for the therapists and trainers to take a quick sip of coffee, a quick cigarette, and then the next family turns up, who need also to be welcomed, a few personal words without giving the impression that one disturbs….
– The trainees had sometimes very much to do but they were always friendly and supportive for every family – I tip my hat!!
– Daisy’s patience with Lorenz’s pirate song and Rick’s Club dance was excellent !
– The All-inclusive Hotels were a qualified OK this time but I must say we usually take a different type of holiday….
Notes for Axel Linke-
– Web-Site Impressions:
– A little confusing and unreal e.g. the dolphin doctor who is not in the water and explains everything before every session(?) The special team of doctors who are not there and who nobody needs….
You don’t need a doctor’s titel for the competence of your excellent therapists – totally unnecessary!
– Some of the Hotel descriptions, minor things (for us), were not quite right, perhaps they should be brought up to date.
THANKS TO THE WHOLE TEAM FOR YOUR TIME AND YOUR PATIENCE. –
FOR YOUR FRIENDLYNESS AND YOUR COMPETENCE
FOR CONVERSATIONS, HELP, JOKES AND FRESH IDEAS-
AND EVERYTHING ELSE THAT MADE IT HARD TO SAY GOODBYE !